Connect With Us
Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI) -- HAS BEEN CLOSED
email@example.comIn February 2022, the States of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to coordinate a regional clean hydrogen strategy to achieve the diverse policy objectives of this bipartisan coalition of states. The Western Inter-States Hydrogen Hub (WISHH) coordinates with industry partners, local communities, researchers, and other stakeholders to compete for a portion of the $8 billion allocated in the 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act towards four or more regional hydrogen hubs.
The WISHH Executive Committee – composed of representatives selected by each State’s governor – contracted with Rocky Mountain Alliance for Next Generation Energy (RANGE) to evaluate projects and partners that may participate in an application for funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.
We previously sought information from those interested in participating in the clean hydrogen economy (producers, users, storage providers, and transporters) to inform early analysis and evaluate ideas for potential inclusion in funding opportunities. The Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI) survey has now been closed.
We recommend you reach out to Anja Bendel, WISHH Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who has responded?
Expressions of interested were solicited from a diverse set of stakeholders across a wide range of sectors that will enable a robust hydrogen economy in the Mountain West region. These include but were not limited to:
- Companies currently involved in producing, transporting, utilizing, or storing hydrogen or other supporting activities (e.g., data analysis).
- Companies planning or starting new initiatives related to producing, transporting, utilizing or storing hydrogen or other supporting activities (e.g., data analysis).
- Companies that have innovative hydrogen technologies at various levels of readiness for deployment.
- Tribal communities that are currently involved in hydrogen activities or interested in exploring hydrogen-related opportunities.
- Communities in the Mountain West region that might host hydrogen activities, especially disadvantaged communities or those transitioning away from fossil-based economies.
- Stakeholder groups interested in learning about hydrogen or informing stakeholders about the various facets of a hydrogen economy.
- Organizations that work in higher education and/or workforce development.
- Private equity companies interested and other financial institutions interested in investing in regional hydrogen initiatives.
- Regional economic development groups currently working with states, cities, or communities that have an interest in developing new opportunities related to hydrogen.
- Environmental justice groups
- Policy experts
Thank you to those who registered their current or planned efforts to support a Hydrogen Hub plan for Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming:
Contact us with questions or to request more information about the Request for Expression of Interest.
Please be sure to copy both leads for Rocky Mountain Alliance for Next Generation Energy (RANGE):
RANGE Collaborative’s Project Manager
RANGE Collaborative’s Operations Lead